Paper bottles have been one of the hottest packaging trends in 2020, with all the big cats like Absolut, Carlsberg, PepsiCo and the Coca-Cola Company jumping on the bandwagon. In other words, “all the cool kids are doing it,” and one stand-out design is Frugalpac’s Frugal bottle, which came on the scene this past June. The 750-mL Frugal Bottle is made of 94% recycled paperboard with a food-grade pouch inside, both of which are recyclable. Since their launch, the company has been swamped with more than 700 solid inquiries from brands, bottlers, and retailers around the globe, according to Frugalpac CEO, Malcom Waugh. Read on to learn another 5 advantages to this beverage innovation.
- Unique and eye-catching! As it is entirely constructed from recycled paperboard, this allows for 360-degree branding and designs all around the bottle. Among a sea of traditional glass bottles, this bottle stands out on the shelf and is more attractive to the curious shopper.
- Environmentally friendly! Compared to a glass bottle, its carbon footprint is up to six times (84%) lower and its water-production footprint is also at least four times lower than glass. Plus, like I said earlier, it’s made from high-recycled content designed to be recycled, too!
- Light as a feather- almost! The Frugal Bottle weights just 83 grams so it is up to five times lighter than a standard glass bottle, making it easier to carry and less costly to ship!
- More Control and Freedom! It can be designed, printed and produced within a customer’s bottling facility with Frugalpac’s machinery, offering complete design and print freedom. This also makes it more cost-effective to transport, reducing the customer’s carbon footprint.
- Comparable in cost! “The Frugal Bottle will around cost around $0.6 apiece depending on volumes. Glass bottle ranges from anywhere between $0.3 and $0.8 apiece depending on weight and label complexity.”
Learn more about the Frugal Bottle here (www.frugalpac.com). Curious which innovative, money-saving and good-for-the-planet packaging solutions could work for you, contact us today!